Recipe by Fee O’Shea
Easiest (N)ice-cream ever.
The basic recipe below can be added to with your favourite flavours.
- 4 frozen bananas.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk.
- 1 Tblsp maple syrup (optional, depends on how sweet you like it).
- Break up the bananas and put into a food processor and whizz till broken up.
- Add the maple syrup (if using) and almond milk.
- Whizz until smooth.
Ideas for flavours:
Once the bananas are blended add your choice of flavours with the almond milk.
- 1 cup frozen blueberries (image). Sprinkle nuts on top.
- 1 cup frozen strawberries and add 1/2 cup choc chips at the end.
- 1 vanilla bean pod scraped and 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- 1 Tblsp peanut butter and 1 tsp cinnamon.
- 1 cup chopped pecans and 1 tsp cinnamon.
- 1 cup frozen raspberries and 1/2 cup chopped almonds.
- 2 Tbls vegan chocolate sauce.