Tabouli is the easiest thing in the world to make.
It is so good for you, full of iron, protein, calcium and many other vitamins and minerals.
- ½ bunch mint
- 2 bunches parsley
- 3-4 spring onions
- 2 large tomatoes
- 3-4 Tblsp lemon juice
- 3-4 Tblsp olive (optional)
- ½ cup bulgur wheat
- 1 cup boiling water
- In a jug pour the boiling water over the bulgur wheat, cover, and leave for about 10-20 minutes.
- Chop the rest of the ingredients and mix. (You may find it easier to chop the parsley in a food processor).
- Once the bulgur wheat and absorbed the water, strain off any excess and add to the parsley ingredients and mix.
- This makes a lot of Tabouli so you may wish to ½ the recipe
- To make it super healthy, don’t use the oil
- You can switch out the bulgur wheat for cooked quinoa.