Recipe by Fee O’Shea
Savoury Cashew Cream
This can be the base to a lot of different sauces it’s just a matter of adding other flavours.
- 1 cup raw cashews soaked at least 2 hours, drained and rinsed.
- 1/2 cup water.
- 195 gm (7 oz) firm tofu.
- 1 Tblsp olive oil.
- 1 Tbls nutritional yeast.
- 1/4 cup water – more if needed.
- 2 tsp garlic powder.
- Salt to taste.
- Blend the cashews and 1/2 cup of water until smooth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until creamy adding more water as needed.
- Heat in a pot over a low to medium heat – do not boil.
- Store in a covered jar in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Can be used on its own, but better if other flavours are added.
- Add more water to get it to the consistency you want.
- See Creamy Tomato Sauce or Pesto Sauce for ideas.