Roast Basil Pumpkin.
This is a recipe that is perfect for any breed of pumpkin.
- 1 whole pumpkin.
- 500gm – 18oz jar char-grilled capsicum, drained and chopped.
- 1½ cup fresh wholegrain breadcrumbs.
- 200gm – 8oz vegan feta.
- 4 tomatoes, seeded and chopped.
- 1/2 cup pine nuts.
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped basil, pls extra to serve.
- 1 garlic clove, crushed.
- Preheat oven to 180°C – 350°F.
- Pierce the outer skin of the pumpkin to provide ventilation.
- Bake for around 45 – 60 minutes1 hour or until pumpkin is soft. (The colour is darker and it will pierce easily with a fork.)
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Cut the pumpkin into thick wedges.
- Spoon an even amount of the mixture on one side of each wedge.
- Lay onto a lined baking tray.
- Bake a further 10 – 15 minutes until golden.
- Serve with a sprinkle of the extra basil.
- Serve with a selection of green vegetables.
- Recipe can be halved.