Melon and Curry Sauce.
Oh, this is simply divine – a melon and curry sauce that can be used over anything!
You will need a good food processor/blender and:
- 1 cup of cashews soaked and drained. (for optimum result soak overnight).
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup water.
- Blend the nuts and water until really, really creamy
- 1 Tblsp Maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
Blend these with the nut cream then add:
- The flesh of 1/2 a Rock Melon (for a more traditional taste use a Mango).
- 2 – 3 teaspoons Curry powder – add enough curry powder to your taste.
- Blend until smooth tasting as you go so you don’t over-do the curry. You want the flavour of the Melon to come through.
- Once the sauce is blended to a creamy consistency, put it into a glass jar and refrigerate.
- You can add to all sorts of dishes at the last minute to just get it heated through.
Note: You don’t want to boil it and be gentle if heating through on its own.