Recipe by Fee O’Shea
The most versatile dish to ever be made. Can be used as a dip, spread in wraps or dolloped next to a salad.
- 1 can or 400 gm (14 oz) chickpeas.
- 3 Tblsp aquafaba (see note).
- 2 Tblsp tahini.
- 1/4 cup lemon juice.
- 1 plump garlic clove crushed.
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin.
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika.
- Pinch of salt.
- Drain the chickpeas and retain the aquafaba.
- Place all ingredients into a food processor.
- Blend, stopping to scrape down.
- Add more aquafaba until desired consistency is reached.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
- Serve with favourite crackers or with Tasty Tortilla Chips.
- Aquafaba is the water the chickpeas are cooked in either in the can or your own cooking.
- This is a basic recipe – you can add your own spin on it with different herbs and spices.