Recipe by Fee O’Shea
French Toast is a very decadent breakfast.
It may not be the healthiest breakfast, but it certainly tastes divine. It is a brunch type meal that is perfectly acceptable to have every so often.
- 1 cup plant milk of your choice.
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon.
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg.
- ¼ tsp vanilla essence.
- 1 Tblsp maple syrup.
- 2 Tblsp flour – can use chickpea flour.
- 1 Tblsp nutritional yeast.
- Pinch of salt.
- Whisk together the wet ingredients then whisk in the dry ingredients.
- Put a small amount of vegan butter into a pan to melt.
- Dip slices of bread into the mixture and fry.
- Serve hot with extra maple syrup and a sprinkle of icing sugar.
- Makes approximately 6 slices.