Just as the name says these are easy stuffed peppers.
As long as you have some left over rice, or quinoa or any other grain, the only thing that has to be ‘cooked’ is the simple vegan cheese.
So let’s dive straight in to the recipe.
Easy Stuffed Peppers.
- 4 peppers (capsicums) your choice of colour.
- 1/2 cup cooked wild rice – or any other grain
- 1/2 cup cooked brown lentils
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 1 medium brown onion
- Cheese sauce (recipe below)
- Vegan cheese (optional)
- Set oven at 180C (350F)
- Sauté the garlic and onion until softened.
- Mix together the onion, rice, lentils in a bowl.
- Add the cheese sauce and blend through.
- Cut the tops off the peppers and scoop out the seeds.
- Fill each pepper to the top with the mix.
- Grate vegan cheese on top (optional).
- Place the pepper top back on.
- Bake in oven for approximate 1/2 hour or until peppers are heated through.
- Serve with a side salad in summer or baked winter vegetables.
- 3/4 cup (180g) coconut milk.
- 3 Tblsp nutrition yeast (yeast flakes)
- 2 Tblsp Arrowroot
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- pinch smoked paprika.
- Put all ingredients into a pot, you can use a stick blender to mix or a whisk.
- Place over a low to medium heat and stir until cheese is ‘stretchy’.
Note: You can add more coconut milk to make the sauce thinner.