Recipe by Fee O’Shea
Creamy Tomato Sauce
Use this sauce through pasta, as a base for soup or anywhere you want to have a delicate flavour of tomatoes.
- 1 large onion chopped.
- 1 plump clove garlic crushed.
- 1/2 cup Savoury Cashew Cream (more or less as you need).
- 1 400 gm (14 oz) can of chopped tomatoes.
- Seasoning to taste.
- Heat a little water in a heavy-based pot and sauté the chopped onion and crushed garlic.
- Add the can of tomatoes and simmer over low-medium heat until reduced.
- Add the Savoury Cashew Cream and heat through for about 5 minutes.
Note: The healthy way is to use water instead of oil when your sauté adding just enough water so the onions don’t stick.