Recipe by Fee O’Shea
Totally more-ish, so take care.
These little pastry swirls are just the thing with a cup of tea or coffee.
- 1 sheet vegan pastry (see note).
- 1 Tblsp cinnamon sugar (see note).
- Melted vegan butter.
- Thaw out one pastry square.
- Roll it out making it into an oblong shape.
- Brush the top with melted butter.
- Sprinkle on the cinnamon sugar as evenly as possible.
- Start with the widest side and roll up quite tightly.
- Cut the log into 1 cm (1/2 inch) pieces.
- Lay on a lined tray swirl side facing up, reshaping the roundness if needed.
- Bake at 180°C (350°F) for 15-20 minutes.
- Optional: Coat with chocolate icing.
- You can get pre-made pastry in N.Z. from most supermarkets – it is labelled ‘vegetarian’ but is, in fact, vegan.
- To make cinnamon sugar 1 Tblsp cinnamon + 2 Tblsp cane sugar.
- The swirls may unravel a bit.